Kitchen Theatre Company seeks Director of Development
Kitchen Theatre Company seeks a Director of Development to lead the organization’s fund raising, donor solicitation and stewardship activities. Read the job posting here.
Kitchen Theatre Company holds Equity Principal Auditions in Ithaca. Members of Actors Equity Association should check with AEA for announcements of EPAs and make appointments to be seen by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kitchen Theatre Company accepts headshots and resumes submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Kitchen Theatre Company will accept resumes and links to websites from directors. Send letter of inquiry and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kitchen Theatre Company will accept resumes and links to websites of set, lighting, sound and costume designers. Send letter of inquiry and resume to email@example.com.
See submission guidelines below.
Resident Professional Development Program
Kitchen Theatre Company hires post-college interns and fellows for six- and twelve-month residencies. Please see the Professional Development Page for more details.
Front of House Trainee Program
Young people ages 18-24 are encouraged to apply to join the highly motivated, team-oriented staff of Kitchen Theatre Company in this entry-level new jobs program. Kitchen Theatre offers 2 part-time positions for our trainee program.
Successful applicants work 15-20 hours a week at the theatre gaining hands-on experience and knowledge in all aspects of Front of House Management, including computerized ticket sales, concessions sales and management, customer service, opening and closing of the theatre, and audience safety procedures.
Kitchen Theatre Company (KTC) primarily finds new plays through submissions by agents and recommendations by directors who have worked at the KTC. However, unsolicited plays are accepted on a rolling basis. Keep in mind that unsolicited plays may take up to ten months to be read.
KTC is committed to contributing to the field of American theater by producing new plays. KTC seeks plays that complement our mission of creating bold, intimate, and engaging theater. Playwrights will be contacted once KTC has received their play and again only if their play is selected for production. Due to the high volume of play submissions that the theatre receives, KTC is unable to contact every playwright when their play is not selected to be produced. Please do not e-mail or call the theatre with inquiries about a submission.
- KTC is highly unlikely to produce a play with more than 5 characters and more likely to produce a play with 4 or fewer characters. Plays with more than 6 characters will not be considered.
- For more specific information about what kind of work KTC produces, visit our production history.
- KTC does not accept one act plays unless they are full-length in run time (seventy-five to ninety minutes).
- KTC does accept musicals on the condition that they meet the above character count and run time rules. Submit with 3 recorded songs and a complete piano score with lyrics.
- Plays from international playwrights are accepted and encouraged. However, the plays must be written in English or have been translated into English.
- Please submit only one play to KTC within an 18-month period.
To submit a play for consideration, download and complete the application and send it along with the first ten pages of the play (cover page and character outline is not included in this ten page count) and a FULL BUT CONCISE synopsis in PDF format (no Word documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not mail submissions. KTC is a green theater and likes to go as paperless as possible.